Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Friday, October 13, 2006

Spelt

Good Morning from far Sawrey....Slightly distracted as I write the blog today, I notice in my absence mother has bought some Spelt??? its on the shelf looking back at me and I have absolutely no idea what it is........it says its a stoneground flour made from an ancient wheat recipe....Hmmmm well you learn something new everyday....Apologies for the absence yesterday, I spent the day tucked up with some lemsip willing the pea soup head I had to go back to where it came from, it seems to have worked, I feel much better today.........and what a glorious day it is today....a misty morning has turned into a blue sky day which is perfect for some hill walking! Sold lots of cups of tea today so there are people around and about...
This has been a week of receiving surprises....on monday a customer came in with a huge bag of sweet chesnuts that he collected from down by the lake, I roasted them and they were delicious...the next day I was brought in some walnuts which had fallen from a tree near by the shop, then today someone gave me a flower when paying for his paper....Happy!

On monday night I believe there is an award ceremony in London which is sponsered by Moet and Chandon, Look out for someone famous stepping out of a London taxi artistically designed to look like a bottle of champagne.......As I type that taxi is been designed and fitted out by a local business man who has been commissioned to cover it in lights resembling lots of bubbles...according to my source it will look amazing, I have been promised some pictures for the blog and will post them as soon as they arrive.....

Sending get well wishes to all the people in the village who I hear are tucked up in bed with the cold that has found its way to our village........ :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory