Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Monday, July 21, 2008




Good "Cherry Tomato" Morning from Sunny yes SUNNY Sawrey........I arrived at the shop this morning as usual to find I had the wrong set of keys in my hand!!! Michael had gone for the fruit and veg for me and had taken the van, so I came in his car and guess which key ring the shop keys were on! What a nelly!!! Customers were very understanding and at one point there was half a dozen of us having a real good debate about the newspaper headlines, I think the sawrey review group will have to meet again soon :0)

Yesterday afternoon we headed to the Lakeland Maize Maze at Sedgwick, its a really fun attraction and after you have found your way out of the maze (which can take 3hours!) you can feed some animals and play some very fun games.....The Maze opened last week and remains open until they harvest it around October and I whole-heartedly recommend it. http://www.lakelandmaze.co.uk/Maze/Home.html

I was going to sell Strawberries today but the delivery of Strawberries did not arrive at the market so fingers crossed the weather holds for another day or so... I think it might!
Off to find my dunces cap :0)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory