Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday Ramblings

Greetings from Far Sawrey....Apologies for my absence, mother forgot how to log on to the blog page.....Well I sit here with a smile on my face..........a couple of blogs ago I sent out a blog into the void wondering about cumbrian honey and blog readers have relpied with information on sourcing some! A GREAT BIG THANKYOU! You know who you are...its real nice to know there are people out there reading my mumblings!...
In my absence mother has done what mothers do and had a bit of a sort out in the shop, I must admit it does look good, although I have not got a clue where things are for the moment, all good fun!
It was dark when I got up for work today, thats what happens with a few days off! Pleased to report all of the pommegranates have gone and now its time for the sprouts! YUM YUM, I guess you either do or yuo don't with sprouts, I must say I DO, especially with some of the sweet chestnuts I received last week :-)
Some good friends of mine who own a shop in Ambleside called Budget Walker have dropped some leaflets off regarding some free Nordic Walking sessions, I bought my poles earlier this year and with the great instrustion I received can wholeheartidly recommend Nordic Walking, not that I do enough....Anyway the FREE sessions are running today, next monday, wednesday and friday starting at 10am from Budget Walker, poles are even provided
In my limited experience, with a little bit of Nordic Walking practice you'll find that even though your heart, lungs and body are working harder Nordic Walking can feel easier and less tiring than normal walking! Give it a go if your free its well worth it...

Happy Saturday :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory