Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Saturday, May 10, 2008




Good Sunny Salady Morning From Sawrey!!!!!!!! its another lush day here in the lakes, I hope it is with you.....everyone is coming into the shop saying how they have not slept due to the heat overnight....what a difference a week makes hey, I was still wearing my polo neck jumper a few days ago!!!! This morning I have sold salad salad salad!!!!!!!!!
Ventilation is the issue here today as its sooooooooooooooooo hot in the shop!!! we have decided to remove the air conditioning unit that does not work and replace it with a good old fashined window to let some air circulate around the shop, might need a bit of iron work to make it secure....
The lady who used to make our lovely tray bakes has decided to cease baking so we were left with a bit of a problem regarding sourcing yummy tray bakes..........that problem has now been solved as the chef at the Youth Hostel has offered to make them for us, they make and sell them in the youth hostel and I have to say that thay are absolutely scrumdiddlyumptious! The chocolate oatie bar is out selling the flapjack at the moment.....
I just had a look at the ferry web cam and its the first time I have looked at it since we got braodband, it uptates every few seconds! technology never ceases to amaze me!
I am trying to learn about "search engine optimisation" or seo to those of you who speak computer jargon so that our web site lists higher on the search engines, I am going on a course soon to learn from the experts, its all very complicated at the moment but there appears to be method in all of the madness...I think!!??!!
Thats about all for now folks...enjoy the sun

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory