Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Tuesday, June 10, 2008





Good afternoon from Far Sawrey........Fruitilicious opened its fruity doors opposite buckle yeat in Near Sawrey yesterday and the fruity kebabs went down a treat with visitors to the village..... last year I started selling them in july but the weather has been so glorious that I thought I better start......

Mum is teaching rug making at a school in the village of Levens today so Benny and I are in the shop....lots of coaches are passing the shop having dropped off lots of visitors and I am wishing I was in near Sawrey selling as its quite quiet in the shop today.....However I am sure Mum will be having a great day doing something she loves...

Just had a customer in from Guatamala?!? thats a 1st!!!

Mega delivery of sweets due today, the sweet sin jars are selling really well and we are quite low on stocks, there isnt a BON BON in the village!

Reports from the village BBQ on Sunday are all good and I think the children all had a great day, with lots of activities planned for them and sunny weather

We ordered a composter a few weeks ago for the shop and its arrived today, it seems HUGE!!! but I am sure it will make good compost with all the shredded papers and old veggies we compost to keep it all looking fresh.........

The National Trust are inviting comments regarding what to do with the Old Viewing Station on Claife Heights....If I find an online link regarding it I will post it on the blog

Thats about all for now folks

Love from Sawrey

(PS apologies if there are even more spelling mistakes in ths blog than normal , we have a new keyboard and its taking a bit of getting used to!)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory