Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Thursday, September 25, 2008




Good Afternoon from Sawrey, its still dry....overcast but dry!.... When at the cash and carry stocking up on the confectionary I spotted some Wispa Bars! Seeing them took me back to my childhood and I wondered if the reinvented bars would taste the same.......I am soooooooo pleased to say they do! Customers are loving them...I think it was an online campaign that got them back on the shelves....YUM YUM
The other picture is of the farmyard visitors I spent yesterday afternoon watching, I think they are loving this dry weather just as much as we are....
I have lost the pricing gun this week, it was here now its completely vanished!?! hand written labels pending I think!
The village is extremely quiet today, not many cars or people around, I am wondering if the ferry is working?!?!
Thats about all for now folks, Happy Thursday :0)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory