Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Thursday, November 02, 2006

flu flu flu

Good afternoon from Far Sawrey...Its been a while since I updated the blog, I have had gastric flu, horrible horrible gastric flu...I thought I had had flu before but I now realise I have not, this was the real deal and boy did it sweep me off my feet! I even lost my appetite for several days and that really is not me...I am pleased to report however that I am getting better by the day... I am house/dog sitting at a lush house in the village and have not been able to enjoy the experience until today....
Its a real blue sky day here in Sawrey, its bitterly cold but very clear and crispy...Despite the bitter chill in the air I have sold 2 fresh coconuts this morning!
The giant marrow has been opened up in my absence and I have been reliabley informed that they have been dried and put away somewhere safe until its time to plant them out next year...
Many customers have told me how they are looking forward to the giant bonfire in Hawkshead on saturday night, I am looking forward to seeing the fireworks display, health permitting!

Listening to Radio 2 as I type and the lunchtime debate is about CCTV and how technology keeps its eye on us, I was laughing to myself thinking how big brother is not watching us up here in sawrey and then I remembered, there is a web cam at ferry house down the hill! So I guess even here in the chocolate box that is sawrey we have not escaped technological advances! Its not all bad though, its nice to be able to log on and see if the ferry is working for people who need it for work as its a rather long drive round, below is a link to the web cam...
http://www.fba.org.uk/webcam.html

Thats all for now...I hope the flu has avioded you :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory