Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Saturday...

Good afternoon from Far Sawrey.......busy morning here, had to pop to the cash and carry in Barrow this morning, was a bit of a mad dash as it closes at lunch time, anyway I made it and am now back with a car full to unload...
Last nights event at the Tower bank Arms was EXCELLENT, I took some friends from Ambleside with me, we did not win the Dominoes despite one of my friends getting into the semi finals, darts was still going on when I left at 11pm...The dominoes final was two local women and the woman next door to the shop was the winner!...
It was really really nice to meet up with customers in a social setting...I did really well in the raffle, I won a truck load of seasoned logs to be delivered by Terry Dobson and I also won a big bucket of popcorn! Only thing missing is Mr Right to share it with, when I announced that in the pub the men dived for cover! ;-)
Benny has had a nice walk around the village with a customer this morning which put a smile on his face....
Braithwaite hall has a big group of people staying there for the weekend which is good for trade...
Nothing else to report at the moment....Have a great day... :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory