Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Friday, November 17, 2006

Taxi !!!!!!

















Good Afternoon from a wet and windy far sawrey, its been a suprisingly busy day here today, sold lots and lots of logs! it certainly is a day to light the fire and stay in and keep warm!

As promised a few weeks ago I have been sent pictures of the Moet Taxi from hawkshead, well, I was sent them weeks ago but on a disk, but I am rubbish with anything technical and I could not upload pictures, Anyway if you see them below, the upload from the email has worked!
It got dark soooooooooo early today! Despite the weather pineapples are on offer and look really lush.

Yesterday I decided to have a bit of a sort out and decided to put soups on display as its soup time of year, Hmmmm in the process I managed to drop 12 large bottles of passata all over the floor, all over me and in fact all over the shop, what a mess....it looked like a scene from an abbatoir...Anyway in the sort out process I decided to stack up all of the soup tims we have, customers in today are taking bets as to how long my soup tin mountain display will last! It will be fine! I hope!

As I am typing I can see and hear hail! Wrap up warm blog readers if the weather is like this with you! :0)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory