Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

bumps, powercuts and more bumps

Good Foggy Morning from far Sawrey.......It is extremely foggy here today... It was also foggy as I drove home last night, I arrived home to find there had been a power cut, could I find a torch? Matches? A Lighter?!!! It was like a scene from Fawlty Towers! After much fumbling about I found some matches, today I am going to stock up on more matches and lighters and put them somewhere obvious!
Talking of power cuts there was a few problems here at the shop yesterday, firstly one of the fridge's decided to stop working, then later in the day the fairy lights around the window also stopped working...thankfully my friend Alan popped into the shop to get some groceries for his mum and duly fixed the christmas lights! WELL DONE ALAN! I am sure given the right tools he could have fixed the fridge, he is a superstar!
Mum bumped her car enroute to work yesterday, it was very icy yesterday morning, thankfully there was only a scratch to the car, though her nerves were shot to pieces....My car also took a bashing in the supermarket car park in Kendal on Monday! That will teach me for shopping elsewhere! :-) It looks like someone revesed into my side door and then drove off without mentioning it....I must admit I did mutter a few explitives when I saw the damage...

On a happier note, the postman has delivered a rather large box covered in xmas wrapping from Germany, it it addressed to Mum and I, Billy a local chef and our neighbours here at the shop....it is from Ninette, the girl who grew a giant marrow when she was working here earlier in the year, we are all going to get together and have dinner and open up our present...
The window cleaner has just arrived, he looks freeeeezing! Better go make him a hot drink... :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory