Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Monday, February 26, 2007

Greetings bloggers.............the hangover has left the building! the stiff hips remain tho! Sawrey knows how to party........It was the best birthday party I have ever had, everyone came and it was just fab, I met partners of people whom I had not met before which was nice and all of the children from the village came dressed to party and all looked really lovely! I was given lots of cards and gifts which were totally unexpected but were all lovely......My ex husband once said to me if I was a car I would be an AC Cobra? Anyway I discovered that they are curvy and powerful and I am still more than happy to be compared to one.................So I opened one of my presents and found an ac cobra in a box, so now I have my very own! The card accompanying it said something along the lines of curvy and powerful.......cumbria county council know just how powerful! I am still smiling, what a top present! THANKYOU.you know who you are....

Cleaning the village hall yesterday took all of the strength I had and I was very very kindly helped by Denise from Beechmount guest house, who arrived armed with rubber gloves and a bucket! THANKYOU muchly denise.....I would have stilll been there now if it was not for you....and finally...........my little friend Alan came along to the shop as usual on saturday morning....only this week he did not leave until 5pm when he went home to get ready for the party.......ALAN you are amazing and the buffet would have not looked anything without your artistic hands and creativity in preparing the hall with me, and then with only several hours sleep he came back to help clean up..........WHAT A STAR!

Its been a blue sky morning here in Sawrey, there are quite a few people about and quite a few cars on the road.....On my way to work this morning I passed 2 young deers crossing the road near esthwaite, they looked lovely wandering off towards the lake....

Mum has got her car back today, several weeks after I thought I had written it off! its come back all shiney and not a bump in sight, Better not let me behind the wheel....I am a liability at the moment, I reversed out fo the shop yesterday in the van and managed to kill the plant pot! Ooooooopz!

I am just off to Ambleside to get this weeks supply of lavender shortbread, I can hear it calling me from here!

Happy Monday :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory