Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Good Sunday Sunny Morning from Sawrey....what a glorious spell of weather we are having.........The shop has been busy this morning, sold out of fresh bread and bath buns in record time........Both Mother and I came in to open up this morning as we predicted a but of a rush.its funny, despite the sign saying we open at 8.30am people come anything up to an hour before...which makes putting inserts into the papers a bit tricky, but hey....we aim to please....

I was asked a question by a customer yesterday which threw me a little, a chap came in, bought some carrots and asked me if their was a gay scene in the area and if not where could he find one! I know we are a local information point but unfortunatley I could not help...I pointed him in the direction of Windermere, I will endevour to find out and so I wont be caught out again!

Two new great editions to the local produce range this week......Cumberland Sausage from Keswick which is selling well alrady and coming soon will be their home made black pudding. Another new edition/ editions are a range delicious puddings from a friend who has set up making all things sticky and lush in Ambleside and called her business "Sweet Home Ambleside"............The range includes Chocolate and Damson puddings, Chocolate and Cherry puddings, Cranberry and Orange puddings and Sticky Toffee and Date puddings......Having tried every single one (well it had to be done) I can wholeheartedly recommend each and every one of them... the packaging is a work of art too and would not look a miss in a frame!
Starting tomorrow we are going to start selling some of "Sweet Home Ambleside's" tray bakes, we did a tasting day with some tray bakes last week and they went down exceptionally well.....So I am going to christen Monday as tray Bake monday. Wednesday is Bath Bun Wednesday and we have Cumberland Sausage Friday... YUM YUM.....

Its been brought to my attention by a blog reader that the time I appeared to blog was in the middle of the night, just looked into that and the blog was set to the wrong time zone, think I have fixed it, and also I always wondered about comments, think I have set it so blog readers can post comments....will wait and see....for reference, its just after 1pm int he agternoon as I am typing, as I have said before, technology and I do not go hand in hand!

Tomorrow is another milestone in relation to my case, its the last day the council can appeal the appeal....bearing in mind when they last lodged and appeal they did it via fax at 4.57pm on the last day I will be crossing all of my crossable bits that when 5pm arrives tomorrow I can breathe a huge sigh of relief..I will blog and let you know.... Anxious times call for Chocolate and Cherry cake....I am off count down the hours to what could be the start of a much less anxious year, must n0t forget the cream ;-)

Happy Sunday to one and all :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory