Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Good Morning from Sawrey, its a lovely blue sky morning and for the first time in many many years I have recieved a velentines day card here in the shop! I am still smiling! It has a badge on the front and inside the card it says, "dare you to wear it all day" Which I am doing! The badge says "SUPER SEXY PERSON" ... I am still blushing but what a great start to the day!

We went to Consiton Gifts yesterday and bought a few gifts for the shop, t towels and the like, we are continuing with the sheep theme.
As its half term I bought a box of "squeamish Squeezers" a toy ball filled with wiggly worms and other slimy things........However the children have not had a look in! three of the villages most discernable gentlemen have bought up all of the wiggly worm ones, here is hoping they are not valentines gifts!!!

So many people are coming into the shop asking where Hill Top is, they must have all seen the Miss Potter film...Think if a charged 10p for everytime I am asked I would soon get rich! Only kidding :-) Best question I have been asked to date is, "can you swim in the tarn where she used to row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I hope they mean in summer not now! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Its half day closing today, My badge and I might go into Kendal and get a few bits this afternoon......I hope you all have a lovely Valentines Day

Love from Sawrey X

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory