Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Sunday, June 17, 2007






Good Blushing Morning from Sawrey...For whoever wrote the comment on friday, Thankyou whoever you are......unfortunatley we only sell small bottles of oil, I am not sure ours would be enough for the task you have in mind :-)

Its a quiet weekend here in the village, I guess the weather forecast can put some people off, it did say we were in for a wet weekend, and its a dry morning! Hopefully the weather will improve greatly for next weeekends Rose Queen Gala which will leave Hawkshead School at 2pm and head for the Market Square for fun and games and some Maypole Dancing

I must say a big big thankyou to the blogger who read my dry stone wall blog last week and has left me a book on dry stone walling and some very interesting pictures, I believe your staying at Buckle Yeat....It was a lovely suprise....THANKYOU VERY MUCH...I also got an email from a company who do dry stone wall courses, the power of the internet amazes me!


Thats about all for now folks, better go source some new oil's :-)




Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory