Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Monday, November 06, 2006

Its Monday

Good Afternoon from Far sawrey...its a chilly day up here today! Today I am selling lots of Milk and Broccolli!!!! It reminds me of dinner last night, I had some cauliflower cheese with broccolli covered in in toasted almonds as they do on an advert on the tv, it was lush! If you get the urge we sell flaked almonds here in the shop :-)
The leaves have really turned golden this week and everywhere you look there are picture postcard views...
Radio reception is poor for some reason up here today. Tonight mum is starting her 6 week course at Braithwaite Hall in the village teaching rug techniques for people who want to do some funky things with textiles...
Some japanese students have just been in the shop, they have walked up the hill from the lake and are en route to Hill Top to Beatrix Potters house, I broke the news to them that it is closed until next April, they looked soooooooo sad, guess you would be if you have travelled all of the way from japan and the place you want to see is closed, I think the gardens may be open to the public tho anyway they have carried on walking..
A friend sent me a link to a web page that made me laugh so much I nearly fell off my seat...it took a while to load, but then again we do not have broadband here, if you have a look at it make sure you turn on the music link and then press the buttons on the left hand side, hope you find it as funny as I did...The laughter it generated is keeping me warm on this chilly chilly day.
http://dancingbush.com/

Happy Monday to you all :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory