Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Saturday, December 23, 2006

busy busy

Good afternoon from far sawrey! What a day What a busy busy day, this has been the busiest trading day we have ever had here at the shop! It has been none stop, helped along by some bucks fizz and chocolates which were supposed to be for customers, but it has turned out, one for them and one for us! Hic Hic.....I am just so pleased that we have in stock the things people want, so many suprised people finding us and stocking up for the next few days, only a few logs left!

Tonight is carol singing in the village, it starts at the sawrey hotel at 6pm, I have told everyone who has been in the shop, you never know we could have a full choir!!! Hopefully there will be some people left indoors to sing too!

I must blog something amusing that I read in the local paper yesterday, a man who was doing the GO APE in grizedale forest was coming down the zip wire, hands firmly tied above his head and monty the dog who was below him looked up heard the noise, saw him swining through the trees and as he was off lead decided to give chase, meeting him at the end where the dog deeply embedded his teeth in the mans buttocks! OUCHY OUCH or what!!! I know one shouldnt laugh but it was funny to read, poooooooooooor man, think the dog has had an ASBO placed on him! poor Monty, I bet he only wanted to play!

I have just had to edit the above lines, the bucks fizz has gone to my head and my spelling was much worse than normal, I have my camera to take pics of the carol singing....

Pleased to report all of the bonus balls have been sold today so someone is in for a nice christmas treat tonight.......Better and and go jingle my bells with the rest of the village :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory