Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Greetings!

Good morning from far Sawrey......Despite the delay in blogging may I take this opportunity to wish all of our customers and blog readers a VERY VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.......
There are 2 reasons for my absence, illness and connection problems. I have been in bed for a week with a virus and what can only be described as chronic earache....Thankfully the virus has left the building but a slight earache remains, feels like I have been under water for too long, anyway it is good to be back!!! I so missed being here and seeing everyone!
I have been on the phone to AOL all morning trying to get them to help me log on as it was not letting me, seems it was some kind of update problem, anyway fingers crossed its all resolved, I dont know any computer men that can!
Today in the village the Sawrey hotel there is a lunch for the senior citizens of the village, a couple have been in for their papers looking all togged up and very smart!
We were invited to the suprise birthday party of one of our customers last week but could not attend due to illness but want to wish SIMON HILTON A belated but VERY HAPPY 21st Birthday! ;-)
We appear to have run out of lucozade whilst I have been off, lots of you must have required nrg after all of your partying!
We are going to do some decorating here in the shop this month, that and a bit of jiggling stock about. Been here nearly a year now and we have a much better idea as to what sells and what doesnt.....tinned carrots dont sell, I am sensing a tinned carrot sale! Suprisingly breakfast in a can has sold! Wonders will never cease! Thats about all for now folks....
Love from far Sawrey :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory