Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Friday, March 02, 2007

Greetings from Sawrey...........its a lovely blue sky day today and the woodpecker is out tapping away, one customer who was in early this morning told me he saw a woodpecker last year and the noise they make was not generated by their beaks going up and down but instead from side to side! You learn something new everyday! (thanks Jimmy!)

The effect of the Miss Potter film is continuing to ripple through the village, all of the customers in today have had something to say about the huge blue signs that have been put up to guide people to her house at hill top, I must say they are very obtrusive, which I know signs by their very nature are but having read lots about beatrix potter but I feel sure she would have a fit if she saw them! I remember the actress who played her in the film commenting upon how unspoilt this area is and how rare that is, hmmmmmmm I sense rumblings ahead.....

There is a blessing in the church in the village tomorrow which will be nice, I love hearing the church bells ringing, its the sister of a man who lives in the village, I guess she used to live here,

Regarding my case its all gone very quiet from the council, not sure if thats a good or bad thing, one hopes its good and that despite trying their damdest to break me with their words and actions they have failed and the truth did out, perhaps they have retreated to think about how very wrong they have acted, although in the very bad experience I have had with them I imagine they have retreated to try and break someone else...very sad

The train crash at grayrigg last week dominates the local paper today, whats shines through is the human spirit which the local people showed in trying to help immediatley after it happened, I went to see my GP yesterday and he said he was on standby in case he was needed, despite him having the week off.

Sawrey is a village filled with kind caring people who despite things going on in their own lives all do whatever they can to help anyone who needs help. It was lovely here in the shop this morning when there were several people who live here all nattering away with eachother catching up on news and laughing away, it was lovely to see and hear...

I have had a good old tidy up here this morning, the dirt from the road generates a lot of dust here in the shop so I have been doing my finest domeastic goddess impression! NOT!

Happy friday from sawrey :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory