Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Monday, May 07, 2007

Good morning from sawrey, before I begin I must describe the state I am in, I am sat here with tears of laughter rolling down my face! Whoever you are anonymous, the comment that you left on the blog yesterday is FANTASTIC! and very very funny, for those of you who have not seen it in the comments box I will copy it below.....

Have you seen the van with the orange and lemons,
I also believe she has very nice melons,
Tomatoes, apples and strange veg too,
Brought from Manchester straight to you.
Loaded with help from the exotic fruit man,
Who looks on with pride at Annies big van
So let us make use of our wonderful store,
By ringing and ordering, fruit to our door

How good is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-) THANKYOU whoever you are! its totally tickled me
Its a quiet morning today, everyone on the campsites was packing up ready for home, mother is still working away with the wall hanging for the school which will be finished today fingers crossed....
My little helper Alan came on the round today, he is very good, we popped to see his grandma on the way home and stood outside her kitchen window shouting come and get your banana's, she nearly had a dicky fit!
It must have been quite windy last night, lots of things were blown over this morning, I slept through it all, its been a long week!
Well thats about all for now, I am off to put my poem in a frame :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory