Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Monday, April 09, 2007

Greetings! Apologies for my absence, it has been bonkers this past week!!! This is the very first time I have sat down in the shop for a week! Thought I would take some time to blog......

The fruity business has gone well and esther from next door has been helping.....At the campsite earlier in the week I did a double take, I know its been a while since I went camping but boy how things have changed! There was a family sat on a blow up sofa and two blow up chairs, watching a dvd cartoon on a blow up table!!! Amazing! The shop got steadily busier as the week went on and then I had to take the day off to go to leeds..... I had a medical appointment for my case, the council have insisted I see a psychiatrist before they give me any remedy, so I duly obliged with hopefully the last hurdle they will make me jump through........it was all going ok until he asked me what kind of birth I had??? How could I answer that!!! Three hours later I emerged from his office completely drained and had to drive back to the lakes.....

Friday was extremely busy in the shop as it was good friday, bread was flying out of the shop as quickly as the ice cream, saturday was a lovely sunny day and again it was really busy, then I had the task of moving house on sunday, and the shop had its busiest day on record....so all in all its been quite a week!!!
The ladies of the village served cream teas in the braithwaite hall all afternoon and raised over a £100 for the all! Well done ladies!
And finally our neighbour Roger came into the shop to announce that has the biggest cock in the village!!! Don't worry he means his new cockerel, I THINK!!! ............I HOPE!!!........... He has also taken delivery of 6 pullet hens! All good fun hey...
The road between the villages has been gridlocked on many times over the easter weekend, a sign of things to come all summer I guess!
Our get well wishes go to our other neighbour, Mr Pennington @ West Vale hotel who has twisted his ankle by falling down the stairs! OUCH....Get well soon MR P
The easter bunny missed me yesterday!!! I am going out to out to look for him right now

Happy Monday from Sawrey

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory