Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Sunday, May 06, 2007


The van is done! I am over the moon with it, it certainly tells people what I am selling! Its gone down really well at the campsites, much better than woman in a white van turning up.... All I need now it a big plastic banana for the roof and my life will be complete! I wish! Anyway, if your up in the lakes and you see me driving around, feel free to stop me and buy some juicy fruit......
The sun seems to have left the building today and its raining, the plants are happy!
There seem to be a few snakes around this week, not sure if its with all the hot weather, but we have had several reports of them in the village, we found one dead one on our drive this morning so I am about to look up what to do if you get bitten by one, I am not the luckiest person in the world when it comes to bites and stings! No sitings of any in the shop tho! Well perhaps the odd trouser snake ;-)
Mother is at home finishing off the project she did with the school children from hawkshead a few weeks ago, she is going in on tuesday to gove it back to them to hang on the wall...
Thats about all for now folks, off to polish me van :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory