Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Friday, April 20, 2007


Greetings from Sawrey....its quite a warm day here today, we have had ram raiders here in the shop, description of assailants, there was 2 of them, they had 2 legs, 2 wings, both had beaks and one had a green stripe down its back, they flew in and flew out taking with them a fresh ripe fig a piece! One fig was stolen and one was dropped in the mad dash.....any sightings please contact sawrey stores immediately or phone crime stoppers, but please dont have nightmares do sleep well......


At the fruit and vegetable market this week I said what have you got that will give roger the builder a run for his money in the title of the biggest **** in sawrey.......The picture enclosed is my offering ;-) (its a Mouli-some kind of giant radish which is lush grated in salads I am told)


Apologies for blog absence this week, the council are trying their damdest to push me over the edge, its strange, I do not want to sink to their level but I feel I have to respond to them in the manner they are corresponding with me, soon it will all be over I hope....

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory