Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I must begin with an apology! When I last blogged I made reference ot the chaps fo the village who are working hard up at the hall getting it ready for the up and coming wedding to be hosted there, I did not however make referece to the ladies of the village who are also up there working hard getting it ready! Sorry ladies! I had not been told that you were up there....Simon has kindly asked me to mention how any help up there will be appreciated by the commitee...

Its half day here at the shop today, I am here catching up on a few bits this afternoon, mother gone to kendal to do some shop bits,
I have only been here for half and hour and already I have sold 4 ice creams and some veg!

We have a poster which has been put up in the shop window today, its advertising the may day fayre in the village, its due to be held on sunday the 27th of May and all are welcome to come and watch the the festivities, going on what I saw last year its a lovely way to spend an afternoon, its very traditional and the children walk from near to far sawrey and then they all dance around the maypole, fingers crossed for sunshine...

Happy Wednesday from Sawrey

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory