Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Monday, April 02, 2007

Greetings from Far Sawrey, its a beautiful spring day here today....Lots and lots of people out walking and looking for hill top....Bottles of water are literally flying out of the shop as soon as I can stock the fridge up...
I launced sawrey stores goes mobile this weekend, I took the van to local campsites to sell fresh fruit out of the back of it, its been a great success thanks to the weather! I must admit, at 8am this monday morning when I was sat on the shore of lake windermere at low wray campsite I didnt want to be anywhere else in the world!!! When I think back to some of the stomach churning monday mornings I used to endure when I was a lecturer!.....
Anyway there I was this morning quietly selling my fresh juicy fruit to suprised campers when from the tent nearest to the van came some strange noises! Then i realised that whoever was in there was getting intimate! What do you do! So I just carried on selling the bananas and juicy plums! Boy did the couple look a tad embarrassed when they finally came out of there tent, by the noise they were making tho, I do not think they were shy by any means tho ;-) trust me to pull up my van right there!

Anyway its all good now, I am over the shock :-) and I am looking forward to getting out and about with the van this summer........its a long winter!

Mum has gone to the cash and carry in barrow today, we are stocking up for the bank holiday weekend, if the weather holds it should be a busy one!

Village news this week is there is a cream tea afternoon at the braithwaite hall on easter sunday to raise money for the hall, yum yum!

A local farmer won the bonus ball competition this week, we have started sending it over to the pub for a night to help fill it up and since we started it has been filling up every week which is good!

Better go and sell some more cold drinks, its hot out there!

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory