Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Tuesday, July 17, 2007




Good Morning from Far Sawrey, Dare I say it again but yes it is raining again! its not even fine rain its big big big rain that totally soaks you through. I think someone needs to tell the powers that be that the lakes are all topped up now and that they can turn the rain tap off!!!
our sandwiches are selling well now they have established themselves. We get them from the Lakeland Sandwich Company which is on the Plumgarths Estate in Kendal. When I went to pick up the sandwiches yesterday the lady gave me a fridge which I can leave in the car and plug into the cigarette lighter, Excellent! Will keep the sandwiches cool en route back to the shop and drinks cool the rest of the time!
The constant rain has turned the shop into a sandwich, magazine and chocolate shop today, customers all dashing in and then hop, skip and puddle jumping back into their holiday cottages
Last week at the fruity market we bought 20kilos of tomatoes on the vine and today we are tomato less!!! Thats a lot of tomatoes for a little shop in 5 days
Regarding my case, I sense that my attempt to try and move on with my life and mitigate my losses by being here is something the council are going to try and use against me. its not fair that council tax payers money is used to try and break people like me who care very much. I did not get the opportunity to say in the meeting yesterday, its funny how easy I am to talk over and about even when I am present and whom the case is about.....Hopefully things will go quiet in that respect for a bit again now
As I am typing their is another coach stuck outside the shop!!! Will nip out and take some pictures

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory