Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Friday, January 12, 2007

Good morning from Far sawrey....Well the shop and I are still here, we have not been blown away as yet!
I believe the meeting at the braithwaite hall was well attended last night, news is that visitors to the area will be encouraged to use boats buses and feet to get to the area rather than using their cars, i am pleased about that as it will make for a grand day out getting the ferry across the lake, walking up to the village, experiencing the views, seeing hill top and rambling back down, much nicer than rushing in in a car and seeing hardly anything and of course leaving less of a carbon footprint...
The subject of affordable housing was also raised, an issue which the trust have some responsibility as they have been bequithed many properties which I am sure were given with the intention that they would be let to local people who work in the local area... Its an issue that I feel passionately about as there is such a shortage of housing in this area and especially housing for single people such as myself, not that I want to reamin single or without children but the cost of properties to rent is very expensive when there is just one person paying the bills...
I am aware that applications for trust proerties are subject to an interview requiring an explaination of what one can quite rightly offer to the local community that they want to live in, theissue which does not sit comfortably with this process is the cost of the rent from the income of people who are on low wages and live in the local area........I am now waffling on and will stop as you have probably guessed its an issue very close to my heart....

On a lighter note, I am a member of the local freecycle recycling group where unwanted items can be donated to wanting homes, today there was a very unusual and amusing item up for offer....I will cut and paste it for you to see for yourselves...... It has really made me laugh....

I'm looking to give myself away to a lucky person who isn't quite so fussy as my last girlfriend. Having been consigned to the tip for being too old-fashioned, honest, dependable and poor, I am making my youngish, well-maintained and well-proportioned self available to the first (preferably female, but I'm always open to considering new ideas, but actually thinking about it I'm not very keen on that sort of thing although I have nothing against those who enjoy it) person willing to go out with me. No I'm not desperate if that's what you're thinking, just not interested in doing things the old-fashioned way of going out and getting hammered and letting gravity do the rest.Of course this offer applies only to the mortal self which is within my power to offer, my true self already being the same as yours and therefore having no need of any attempt to eliminate separation or even recognising the concept thereof. I reserve the right at all times to take myself far more seriously than is necessary.Any takers?Should there be an overwhelming response, a reality will be created in which I will constantly be able to change my mind about anything I wish and still enjoy all that life has to offer!Should there be no response, I will resort to going out and getting hammered, seeing as it makes no difference in the end.Oh, and don't forget: all the best things in life are free like me.And isn't it annoying that people try to palm off all kinds of useless tat that's only fit for the tip.

PS....We have some super looking breakfast mushrooms for sale today...YUM YUM :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory