Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Good sunday morning from sawrey, its a chilly one, cold today but boy was it clear for the total eclipse last night! I stood on my balcony for ages and saw several shooting stars and a moon that was the most brilliant colour as the eclipse was happening, hope it was the same where you all are...
All of the fresh bread has gone fast this morning, still a few bath buns patiently waiting to be sold...
The wedding blessing party trotted past the shop yesterday, the bride was in a horse drawn carriage and I could hear bagpipes, although I didnt see them, guests parking for the wedding had to park road side from the church all the way up to the farm, bit like a practice practice for pottermania!
Its only 11am and already I have been asked 4 times how to get to hill top!!! How can they have missed the signs! They are big and very blue!
At the party last week I was given a gift of a gift voucher for tigers eyes, a gem/ jewellery shop in hawkshead, so yesterday I popped in to have a look at their display, it was quite funny really... the woman behind the counter said, soooooooooo your annie, I have heard all about you!!! thankfully it was all good (got away with that one;-) only kidding.....its strange when someone you have never met tells you lots of things about yourself that you didnt know they knew, and it got me thinking about blogging, I guess there maybe people out there reading the blog and my ramblings about all things sawrey and me whom I have never met....Hello to you all........

Thats about all for now, love from sawrey

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory