Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Greetings bloggers, only me, not dead yet! what a week it has been....my two nights in hospital and several days rest have ensured I am getting better from this awful virus and infection....THANKYOU all for your get well cards and kind words, so much to catch up on, its been really strange not being at the shop for a week, missed it so very much!

Having yet another health scare has certainly ensured that I am going to make some very serious atonements to my well being, one can only take so much stress and I need to get fitter, the consultant in the hospital and I had an interesting chat about how your mental health can affect your physical health and he said it was not suprising I had gotten so ill after the emotional journey I have been on. After the initial anxiety about not being able to breathe etc my fighting spirit kicked in and I feel determined to make my mind and body much much better...The county council have a lot to answer for...

A customer who has just been in who has lived in the village all 88years of his life is fighting fit and is an inspiration! he walks to the shop everyday from near sawrey and in the year I have known him he has not ailed anything! I asked him how he does it, he just smiled and said "living here" I AGREE!

Its been a steady away week at the shop in my absence and if my memory serves me rightly this day last year,(the day my case started ) sawrey was covered in thick snow, I am touching wood that we have escaped any snow this year, all of the daffodils are out and are looking really spectacular...

Village news...there is another lent lunch tomorrow from 12-2pm, its at the sands house and I have been told that all are welcome to call in for a hearty bowl of soup (I will be there like a bear!)

Jobsworth award of the week goes to the high school bus driver who would not let one of the school children from the village get on the school bus without paying full adult price as she had misplaced her bus card, I would have assumed the fact that it was the school bus and she was in school uniform was enough to convinve the driver she was a student, but no no that would have been too simple...as if rural transport is not a bit enough issue on its own (Nil points to the bus company)

Well thats about all for now folks

Love from Sawrey

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory