Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Monday, March 05, 2007

Greetings from blue sky sawrey! its bitterly cold but clear....Benny wanted to say hello today so I have taken a picture, he is here with me today as mum is in yorkshire teaching textiles at a school...
Its fairly quiet today... well it was until the trading standards man made an un announced visit....Nothing seriously wrong I am pleased to report, the scales are weighing correctly, he did find that the tins of treacle are out of date! Yes the treacle! Slapped hands for me....we cannot sell t-lights individually as they do not have a health warning attaached, anyway, I asked him plenty of questions and he is going to send me some bumf to read, he was a nice guy really, only doing his job...
Its paper bill work out day today so I have my adding up head on, the village is quite quiet today, hill top is closed until the weekend so there are no Miss Potter fans around...
Happy Monday from Sawrey :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory