Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Good Afternoon from Sawrey, its a very quite day here in the village today, the promised rain which as just arrived has not helped I guess.

I am conscious that I am using the blog more and more to express my feelings about my legal battle with the council as its so all consuming, however today I want to try and write about something I do every day that gives me so much pleasure and far far outweighs the pain endured with my case.

One of my little indulgences is to take a little quiet time to just sit down and watch the day as it unfolds before me. I try not to ponder and reflect on what is going on with my awful case, but to simply stop and watch life as it its happening. I have a favourite place I go to do this and its alondside the lake shore at Harrowslack near the car ferry. From there I can see the lake and whats going on on it, the sun rising, the car ferry coming and going, the clouds nestling in and amongst the mountains and today I was thrilled to see several familes of ducks out for a waddle! Sooooooooooooo fluffy and cute, guess who did not have a camera to hand! Well worth a visit if you have a spare few minutes....It reminds me of the Welsh poet William Henry Davies in his poem Leisure he asked "What is this life, full of care, we have no time to stop and stare," he was asking fundamental questions about the ever frantic pace of the world he saw around him... Harrowslack is a good place to stop and stare! Tony on lakeland cam also finds lots of places that look good to stop and stare....

Something else thats interesting to look at today is an exhibition of a local artist, http://www.bryaneccleshall.co.uk/index.html. Brian lives in Sawrey and it looks like he has been very busy creating work for his new exhibition! Keep up the good work Brian!

Something else to look at today is the hound trails that are in Near Sawrey this afternoon, although I am not sure if all this rain makes trailing the aniseed hard for the dogs, if they run in the shop and try ravishing the jar of aniseed balls I will know they are lost!

Hmmmmmmmm....anyway, I hope your all having a relaxing day out there. I learnt a very important lesson about stress last night, staying in with ones head hidden under the covers because the council are trying their damdest to try and break you can be put to the back of your mind if you go to Yvette Pavelyn's Bothy retreat and laugh so much it hurts! Yvette your a star, THANKYOU

The Bonus Ball was won last night by a customer called Denise who lives in Near Sawrey, Well Done Denise

Happy Sunday :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory