Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Greetings from Sawrey, the rain is just stopping as I type...

I popped to kendal this morning and just as I drove over the brow of the hill on the bypass I saw a caravan been towed towards me in the distance and I saw it turn over! What a mess, driver ok, but the caravan folded like a deck of cards, never seen anything quite like it, then as I was coming back to the car ferry their was a problem with the road works just outside the police station on the hill down to Bowness. There was temporary traffic lights set up and someone had overnight decided to remove one of the sets of traffic lights, Chaos is an understatement, no one knew what to do. I tried to go into the police station to tell them what was going on right outside their station but no one answered the door, so I phoned police control centre and told them how dangerous it was...good deed for the day done.........and all before 8am!

My legal case is still driving me to distraction, I have come to expect bad news on a friday, as they always send me something upsetting on a friday, well they have for as long as this matter has been going on, it makes it impossible for me to get any advice until monday, horrible tactic hey! So yesterday the news comes that despite the full psychiatric assessment they have made me undertake and a full psychiatric report they have had written about me, they have decided they now want site of everything every GP I have had and what ever has ever written or said about me! Quite unbelievable! What this basically means is they want me to undergo another psychiatric assessment and they want to delay matters even more! I have written back to them telling them that this all feels like harassment and cannot and will not tolerate it anymore...I await their next move...

On a lighter note the new owner of sawrey country house came in yesterday and we had a discussion about the old piano that played itself that used to reside in the corner of the restaurant. He told me that it no longer resides there and the main reason was the cost, he told me it was leased for £300 a month! I told him he would be better buying hinself some dancing shoes and putting on some entertainment himself!

Resident chef in the village Glyn from West Vale Country House was invited to be a judge on a satelite tv channel programme this week that was filmed in Kendal, think it was for a food programme on UK TV Channel, fame hey! I will report back when i know the date when it is going to be chown on TV...

Bread News, we have finally found a bread maker who will supply and deliver bread here to the shop! It going to be delivered three times a week from Munx Lakeland bakery from Stavely, we have had some samples and it all looks good!. The sandwiches we have started selling from the lakeland sandwich company are selling well, they will soon be accompanied by some new danish pastries which will be delivered with the bread! YUM YUM

That's all for now folks

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory