Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Sunday, July 29, 2007




Good afternoon from far sawrey, apologies for my absence, its been one of those few days where everything seems 10x as difficult as normal. My case has been dominating my mind as it does when the council communicate with me in the way that they do and I can honestly say that I have come as close as I ever have to throwing the towel in before the remedies hearing. Then a very good friend sent me a message that said something like "its like saying "I caught a big fish today...but then I let it get away!" So the fight continues....

As for the shop its been a busy weekend, camp sites are getting busier as it the lakes in general....Today was the air show over lake windermere, the red arrows put on a magnificant display and then along came the euro fighter on its maiden voyage! WOW what a beast it is! http://www.eurofighter.com/ now I am not a war machine person but its was absolutely spectacular and left a lake shore full of people stood open mouthed! and then everyone was running for their cars as the vibrations from it set off car alarm after car alarm...

I am not sure if I dare say it but I believe we are in for a week of sunshine!!! FINGERS TOES and ALL crossable bits crossed thats its true!!! The weather has been crazy of late and we have been selling lots of logs and kindling as its been quite cold....Time we sold some sun cream I hope!

This week in the shop we have started selling some Hand rolled Beeswax candles from a customer who makes them, they are selling really well as they are a 100% natural product and as they come from the same source as honey when they burn they fill the room with the scent of honey. They burn VERY cleanly and do not creat black soot, I have tested them out and they burn for hours and hours very slowly giving hours of warm golden light, nice!

Well thats about all for now folks... Happy Sunday Evening :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory