Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Thursday, November 01, 2007
















Greeting Bloggers! The blog is back, my case is over, its taken me a few weeks to bounce back from been dazed and confused about the whole experience but it’s a new month now and things feel very much back to normal. Representing myself against the full weight of the county councils legal services department has been testing to say the least but I do feel I have done all I could in respect of the abuse towards service users that I whistleblew about. I am hoping that the local newspaper seek to find out under the freedom of information act just indeed how many hundreds of thousands of pounds were wasting having a david and goliath battle with unrepresented me, I imagine the figure will be very very high….anyway……….back to village things….

Last night was Halloween and we had a scary pumpkin competition here, the judge (Mr Tony Dickins) decided that young Ryan from Hawkrigg had made the scariest pumpkin so he was duly given a scary prize, WELL DONE RYAN! Young katie looked absolutely fantasitc in her witches outfit too!!!

We went trick or treating around the village, the trick at one house was Benny the dog diving in un-invited and frightening the resident cats senseless! Norty Benny!
It was soooooooo lovely to see all of the children from the two villages come and take part, the Near Sawrey children left to go trick or treating in their village

Last night was fruity market night, the place was jam packed with apples galore! Every kind of English apple you could dream of! I opted for the Spartan Apples, they look so lush

Last week was as an extremely busy week with half term, lots of families out enjoying their holidays…for the 1st time ever we sold out of bread, milk and toilet rolls daily! So did Hawkshead I was told, it was like been ram raided daily! All good fun tho

The autumn leaves up here are absolutely stunning this week! Quite breath taking when you come up from the ferry and get to the brow of the hill and are greeted with the view to Coniston and all of the golden leaves bunched in-between, magical

I am however saving the best news until last, we have a brand new baby in the village this week, Alexander Edward was born on Tuesday morning weighing 7lb 2.5oz, we send Rob and Lorraine his proud parents lots of love and best wishes

That’s about all for now folks, I am sure there is lots more to blog about since my absence but my mind has just gone blank, Ohh I remember........Saturday night is the night of the Hawkshead Bonfire, even before I lived here I came to this Bonfire, it’s a great night out and always so well attended to see the spectacular fireworks in a lovely setting

Love from Sawrey

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory