Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Good Morning from far sawrey.........I am feeling very odd today, I was told last night that a man who was part of the quiz team I play with committed suicide late on friday night. I still cannot quite believe it, its makes no sense, I have just looked at the coniston mountain resuce page and it is written up there but still it does not seem real.....Hmmmmm my thoughts are now with his partner and his family.....I am going to go out for a walk this afternoon and try and make some sense of it....

The shop has been steady all morning, the bath buns are proving hard to resist as usual, today they look extremely sticky and lush

The rain had ceased for a morning, it has to be the first morning tof the year! I could put the inserts into the papers outside without them all turning to paper mache....

T'is all for now I am afraid, strange day!

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory