Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hello from far Sawrey...........I slept in this morning! Oooooopz! I woke up at 8am thinking oh thats ok I can have a shower and be at the shop for 8.30aam... then I remembered its saturday, newspaper insert day! Mad dash ensued, made it here on time and was helped along the way by my young friend Alan who helped me with the papers and the vegetables.THANKYOU ALAN!


All of the breakfast mushrooms sold out yesterday, got some more today and half of them have gone already, if you like mushrooms they do look nice!

At the trade fair last week we met a man from westmorland packaging company, we have arranged to have some shop carrier bags made for this season, the proofs have arrived and look great! We also bought a pricing gun from him as ours kept failing, its FANTASTIC!!! labour saving device is an understatement! been pricing things by hand for months now, but now it should be much easier!

Mother is still ill, I feel really bad as I know it was me who must have given her the bug, she has exactly the same sympotoms as I had including ear ache!, ear ache which I still have some weeks after it started....the grommet it looking more likely by the day! OUCH!

Had a customer in this morning who yesterday lost his dog down by the lake at cunsey where he lives, I asked hime this morning if he had found him, after over 2 hours searching, and many neighbours helping the dog was found safe and sound in the back of the land rover where his owner had put him 2 hours before ready to go out! :-)

Steady away day in the shop today, seems to be a few cyclists out and about but no walkers as yet, the wind has died down and the rain is much lighter than it has been

We are selling tickets here at the shop for the burns night over at the sawrey hotel next friday night, pleased to report that I have sold all of the tickets that I was given! will ask for some more, a bargain at £4.75 which includes a haggis supper, bagpipe music and darts and dominoes

Happy saturday :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory