Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Greetings blogger, sawrey calling....its a bit of a damp day here in the village, not as damp as the van I saw on my way home last night... Driving alongside Esthwaite Lake at 6pm I saw a brand spanking new van that said man with a van on the side, it had somehow managed to slide down the embankment and had the lake lapping at its wheels, fortunately someone was there pulling it out as I passed, not quite sure why anyone would want to reverse into a lake, but wonders never cease!

Mum is in Yorkshire this weekend teaching textiles to a group, hope she gets back before the snow which is forcast hits us!

My little helper has been in this morning, he is a whizz with the pricing gun, apparently I am only worth 1p! thankyou Alan (I am still peeling off the price tage from my clothes) :-)

The fresh fruit and veg has sold exceptionally well and I am looking forward to my next trip to the wholesale market, we got some pomelos this week, I had had never heard of them, but they taste so lush and despite their huge size they are so light...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomelo

We have had some bloggers in the shop today whom I have not met before, it was so lovely to meet them and to know they enjoy the blog,

Bit of a rush in the shop happening

Love from sawrey

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory