Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Greetings from sawrey this wintery sunday morning, its hail stoning as I type, its bitterly cold but despite the weather I have just had 2dozen walkers in the shop, they all looked soaked! I have just been told that the ferry is not running as yet.....I was speaking to the ferryman earlier and he told me the reason is was off for 2days earlier in the week is that the new cables that were sent were too long, so they had to put the old ones back on and it will be closed again in the near future when the right size ones arrive!

News on the man in a van in esthwaite water story, according to my sources, behind the van was a yacht, which I failed to see as the van in the water slightly distracted me, anyway the driver thought Esthwaite water was lake windermere and proceeded to drop the boat in the wrong lake.....Ooooooooooooooopzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! Someone will be in trouble, then again he probably had satalite navigation, from all accounts sawrey is not on sat nav map!......

With the weather and it also being mothers day its pretty quiet today, benny is not a happy pooch today, think he is missing mum, he will not settle in the van, would not stay at home, cannot come in the shop so is as I type he is laid under the brolly looking very sorry for himself..

Sending birthday wishes to Mr Davies who lives in the village and happy mothers day to all you mothers out there including my mum who is an absolute star and whom without her support I could not have gotten through the past couple of years without

Happy Sunday from Sawrey :-)

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory