Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Thursday, March 29, 2007


Good soggy morning from sawrey, hope the above picture makes you giggle like it did me when a friend sent it
We are back to the wet normality that is the lake district today, its a good job the fresh tray bakes of white and chocolate brownie have been delivered to keep me company ;-)

I have just spoken to the farmer from hill top and ordered several lambs in the field next to the house where I am house-sitting, thought they would make the view just perfect, but he informs me that the lambing sheep are moved nearer to the farm! ;-) Shame! he did tell me something interesting tho, the rain brings with it lots of lambs?! Strange hey! I guess it must be to do with the pressure change or something, but he is expecting plenty to be born today...


The cheese from kendal has just arrived, when in kendal yesterday I heard someone order a sandwich which sounded lovely and it was Kendal creamy cheese and apricot roll, as we sell kendal creamy and crumbly cheese I think I might try one for lunch. the farm who deliver the cumberland sausage from keswick are delivering us some black pudding to try out today! I think it will sell as lots of people come in here for breakfast items...
With the rain pouring down I have not put the fresh produce out as yet so the shop is a bit full, better go do some sorting out


Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory