Hello from Sawrey (Miss Potter village)

Far Sawrey lies in rolling farmland and wooded hillsides above Lake Windermere. It is the area where the "Miss Potter" film is based upon. This is a blog from the village shop, which is not dis-similar to the Beatrix Potter Ginger and Pickles Shop here in the heart of the village where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her world famous stories including "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"

Friday, March 23, 2007

greetings bloggers, its a lush spring day here in the village today. The farmers are reporting that the lambs are arriving by the hour and the weatherman says its due to get warmer rather than colder! good news!

After closing up yesterday I went home and put my clothes in the washing machine with the days takings in the pocket, dont know what I was thinking, or not thinking! I am pleased to report that ten and twenty pound notes wash extremely well but cheques dont like a 40oc wash! What an idiot I am!

Its been quite a steady away morning here, I notice that the house to rent in the next village is in the paper again, bit too expensive for me at £1,350 per month! But it looks like a grand house and if you have a large family it would be perfect place to live...

I have just noticed we are out of bottled water, better get on and get some ordered as a fine weekend is forecast and there will be plenty of thirsty walkers out and about

Love from Sawrey

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter Society Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory